Pages

Search This Blog

April 18, 2015

First week in the United States

I am visiting the United States on business purpose. Let's see what I have to say from my first week so far here.

First let me start from the flight experiences:

Started from India on 10/04/2015 flying Cathay Pacific. So, I was flying via Hong Kong.

My last flight experience was pretty bad. I flew from Frankfurt, Germany to Bangalore, India via Lufthansa. Had heavy bloating and vomiting after I landed in Bangalore. This was mostly due to the food I had before I started the flight from Frankfurt (Croissant and Cappuccino before 45 mins. of flight departure). So, that was a obvious mistake. So, I did a bit of research on how to avoid air bloating and found few golden rules to follow. 1. No tea, coffee, fries or anything that can cause intestinal gas before and during flight. Very Important! 2. And, keep yourself hydrated always. 3. Fruits will do you a great good. I stuck with these rules and it was a pleasant flight.

An interesting incident happened in the link from Hong Kong to SFO. There was a Asian family that was travelling with 3 kids and unfortunately the father had his seat in the following row middle seat. It was a long flight (around 12 hours) and the mother was trying a way to solve this because it is difficult to have the father moving frequently from the middle seat to take care of the kids. I don't know what all she tried before asking me if I could give swap my aisle in the same row as hers with her husband's seat. I thought for a moment and obliged. The happiness she had in her eyes, I will never forget that! She even thanked me in traditional Indian style.

So, reached the San Francisco International Airport on 10/04/2015 11:00 PDT and it was 12:00 what I got out of the airport after immigration. I made sure I sleep well in the flight to take care of the jet lag by pretty much sleeping all through my flight :) (Watching Paddington, Dhrushyam and part of Arima Nambi aside).

Reached my hotel, checked in and felt so sleepy that I fell asleep again. It was midnight India time actually. Woke up at 09:00 PM, called home, bathed and had something from the hotel kitchen(Fortunately, it was stocked).

Then, slept again (take care of jet lag, you see). Woke up at 09:00 in the morning, and set out to sightsee San Franciso catching Caltrain from Redwood City. BTW, I was put up in San Carlos. Well, it was pretty much Redwood City really. Visited China Basin, North Beach area, AT&T Park and the surrounding areas. I mostly like to walk a lot in any new city that I visit, and I did it again. So, I was sightseeing the very next day after I have reached with a time zone difference of 11.5 hours. Pretty Impressive, huh!

The next day, I visited San Francisco again but this time visiting Golden Gate Bridge, Marshall Beach, Baker Beach and covering most of the surrounding areas, by walk again. Especially, I won't forget the walk across the Golden Gate Bridge and the one on the ocean shore with Pacific on the right side. Wonderful experience.

Next week followed with regular not-so-busy work schedule. More might come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment